Monday, March 15, 2010

A Random Post

Nothing big has happened in the past few days, so here is a few of the little things going on.

Daylight savings doesn't impact Cayman. We are now in the Central Time Zone. It is messing with my morning tv watching.

I saw my pledge mom Erin Slivinski on Saturday while watching the KU game at Legends. She is here with her husbands family for vacation. I knew she was coming but we hadn't made plans to meet up yet. Just goes to show, the island is small.

My friend Monica gave me the best gift for my birthday. It may have been belated, but it was worth the wait. It is Jamie Oliver's "Ministry of Food" Cookbook. I'm learning to make all sorts of great dishes, British Style.

Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day, probably my favorite holiday. I went to the store to buy the fixin's for corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes today. I also am making my grandma's Blarney Stones for Bob to take to his St. Patrick's Day luncheon at work. I may make a few extra for me :)

Katie "Kate" Barton will be arriving Saturday with her husband Mike for a nice holiday. I am super excited! Gives me an excuse to cook for people. Warning to the Barton's: I've been really into Indian and Thai cooking and my new cookbook isn't helping :).

That's about it. I will probably be back next week with some fun pictures of Katie and Mike's trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment