Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cayman vs MIT

Last night Bob and I went to watch a friend play for the Cayman girls rugby team. We occasionally go to the rugby club to watch friends play, but last nights opposing team, MIT (yes, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology) made me super keen.

Girls running around and tackling each other? Not my cup of tea but I'm sure it is great for releasing aggression. I'm sure I'd get injured the first day. We are going to watch the boys play on Saturday and let me tell you, they play rough.

I finally feel like I have an understanding of rugby now, though I don't understand all the penalties or any of the strategies. My friends are also teaching me about cricket. We are going to watch the West Indies vs South Africa Test Match in Jamaica in June and I'd like to be able to follow along :)

Sorry about the photo quality. The sun was setting and my camera is old. Bob agrees it is time for a nice camera. He loves the quality of the photos on Rachel and Victoria's blogs; I knew I'd wear him down eventually :)

4 comments:

  1. Canon just came out with a new camera--so you are in luck. It is NIIIIIIICe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina - Dave got a new Pentax K7 camera and we most likely will sell his old Pentax K10D via craigslist. The K10D is a 10mb SLR. If you are interested, let me know and I will give you a shout before we list it. (2 lenses for it – 18-55mm and 50-200mm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,

    I asked him and he wants to wait. We have to buy a new car this month and are going to limit the extra expenses. Let me know before you come if he hasn't been able to sell it.

    We will for sure be here when you come in July! You are going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete