Tuesday, November 24, 2009

American Thanksgiving in Grand Cayman


This past Saturday Bob and I had 13 of our friends over for Thanksgiving dinner and college football watching (KU vs Texas was actually on our local ABC! Too bad we didn't pull off the upset). Special thanks to Grandma Mason for all the recipes and pointers. Everyone enjoyed the food!


Here is a picture of my 12.5 lb turkey. I also did a 5.8 lb turkey breast (on the bone) for additional white meat. I'm not sure why everyone complains so much about cooking turkeys, it really wasn't difficult. I guess the only issue was oven space.


Here is the spread. Not as much food as Grandma makes, but enough to feed 15 people! Many people took home extra plates and so we actually are finished with the leftovers! It must be some kind of thanksgiving record!


Apparently pumpkin pie is not a popular dish worldwide. I still have a whole one in my fridge. Good thing I love it!

Thursday is going to be like any other day here. My good tv shows are on (community, Office, 30 Rock) and I think we will have tacos for dinner. There are a few restaurants doing turkey dinners but they are all kinda expensive and probably will be filled with tourists. Oh well. Christmas is coming soon and the island is getting decorated. There are lights up along the bypass and downtown, as well as on many of the homes. At least we all celebrate Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. wow - I am so impressed by your turkey cooking skillz, friend! Good job - I am sure the spread was amazing!! Happy Thanksgiving (or just happy Thursday, I guess?)

    ReplyDelete