Friday, October 30, 2009

Avoiding Halloween is easier in the Caymans

Whelp, Halloween is here again. Being someone that scares easily and isn't very fond of candy I feel it is needless to say that I don't enjoy Halloween. I do enjoy dressing up in awesome costumes, but on Halloween there is just too much pressure. And I work better with a theme. Like 80's day senior year, though I would have like it if more of my friends participated.

This year it will be much easier to avoid getting caught up in the Halloween spirit. Cayman has some decorations for sale and a limited number of costumes. The grocery store displays are downplayed and the ads for parties aren't any more predominant than the monthly "Boogie Nights" parties or last weekends "Oktoberfest" (which was super lame - but we did get free cups. The cups are kind cool because they say Oktoberfest with a palm tree/sunset picture.). We have been invited to go to the Rugby Club tomorrow afternoon to watch some rugby than go on a bus to the Rugby Halloween Party. We think we are going to just go catch the games and then head on home.

If we go, I will take pictures and post them next week. I'm also going to try to get pictures of Siena digging for crab's this weekend at the beach. It is cute.

1 comment:

  1. I get your reasons for not liking Halloween, I don't agree, but I get them. However, I am not ok with one of my friends not liking Halloween for whatever reason. Move home and I'll show you one heck of a good time, my friend!

    ReplyDelete