Sunday, April 19, 2009

Puppy's First Braai (and Christina's for that matter)

My first weekend here has been great and it's not over yet! I am still surprised at how beautiful it is here. Everyone should come visit, you won't be disappointed!

Doggy Swimming Lesson One: Failure.
Yesterday was Siena's first beach day. We tried to take her swimming in the morning, but that didn't go so well. She likes the water, she wants to be in the water, but once she got IN the water, she kinda freaked out. Bob and I have the scratches to prove it. She was mostly concerned with swimming toward the shore or trying to climb up Bob. I wish I had pictures to show, but it was way to wet and sandy. Maybe when we try again next week.

Beach Braai:


Last night Bob and I hosted a beach braai for a few  friends (basically means we brought the grill and picked the time and location). It was nice to talk to Bob's friends in a smaller group than the happy hours we've gone to. Everyone is really nice and South African. It is fun to hear stories from other countries and to explain certain things about the US. Like Target. And Mullets. 

Not much else is going on. Today Bob and I are going to brunch, which I guess is a big tradition here. Every restaurant has one and they run from like 11-3 pm, so lunchtime. This is going to be a fun life :)  


1 comment:

  1. I know that dog is Siena for sure since she's sitting on that woman's foot!

    ReplyDelete