Thursday, September 23, 2010

Obviously

First off, sorry it has been so long! I have a laundry list of excuses (new camera won't load photos easily, nothing exciting has been happening, etc) but I realize none of them are very good. Sorry.

Okay, I'm not sure if I blogged about our status here in Cayman but obviously we are staying another year or so. We bought a new car and moved into a new place, which must have tipped most of you off. We are for sure staying through next summer and will be re-evaluating our lives at that time. For now we are just going to enjoy living in our little "Twilight Zone" where time passes quickly and technology stays the same.

The reason we chose to stay here in Cayman should also be pretty obvious. Bob was promoted to Manager at Deloitte! He is very very excited as he now does not have to do the actual auditing anymore but will be involved in the planning of the audits, timelines, working with the clients and adding input to the general direction of the office. He is so happy, especially since this promotion put him years ahead of where he would be if he had stayed at PWC in KC. The promotion is effective Oct 1 and, though we have known about it for quite some time, it has been a secret at work.

As for my job search, things have been up, then down, and now up again. I was hired by a restaurant/lounge but it ended up being a nightclub, so I quit. Now a new and fancy restaurant is moving in to Camana Bay from Miami and I've been hired as a server! I still have to hope that a work permit goes through. Immigration has cut back on work permits, so this could actually be a problem. It is going to open in November, so there is still time for them to change their minds. Hopefully everything will work out!!

Other than that, it has been same old, same old here. It rains every day and we are on hurricane watch. I hope we don't get a hurricane but I wouldn't mind a nice tropical storm that would give Bob the day off. I'm interested to see how these storms stand up to the kind we get in Kansas. According to my brother in St. Thomas, they aren't anything we haven't seen before.


No comments:

Post a Comment