Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Super Success!!

Still no photos. Sorry. I just want to disclose that fact at the beginning of this post. I know this may be a tough concept for some of you to understand, but I don't carry a camera with me at all times. Also, my phone doesn't take photos (thought I rarely carry it with me regardless). I live in a bubble . . . on "the rock" . . . in a twilight zone time warp.

Today we experienced the ultimate success. Siena caught an iguana. Like, she had it in her mouth. None of this "cornering it" crap, this was a full on catch. Super caught = super success. She played with it until it played dead long enough that I felt bad and made her walk away. She obviously learned from the first baby chick she caught not to kill her prey right away; she was very gentle.

Siena has been gunning for the iguanas ever since her arrival on the island over a year ago. Today was a big day for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment