Saturday, December 18, 2010

I carried a watermelon.

I carried a watermelon?!?

That is EXACTLY how my encounter went with Bill Self. My mom found him standing around The Oread lobby on his phone. As you know my mom is not shy so she asked him for a photo. She ran over for Clifton and me to come meet Bill Self. BILL SELF?!? I was all flustered. I literally hid behind a pole while he continued his phone conversation. Then he said "Well, are we going to do this?". I jumped from around the pole and all I could say was "I came all the way from the Cayman Islands to see the game last night!", then I froze. Just like Baby. I felt super stupid until the unthinkable happened, Bill Self started talking to me! Like a real conversation! The first photo is him talking to me about Cayman and me looking super creepy.


Then a very nice Oread employee offered to take a photo of the three of us. This photo looks much better, I think!


We were the only people to bother him for a picture. I justified that since he was standing in the lobby of the Oread, 30 minutes before the start of the KU Football game, he was kinda asking for it. Also, I live far away now and I can't act all cool around local celebrities. I need to take advantage!

All I have to say is thank goodness I did my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment